Tuesday 13 May 2014

Stepford Wifedom

Well it is now a month since I finished childminding and I'd like to say I am loving my new freedom. But it is a little bit half and half. I am bored all my plans for cleaning and having hubby's tea on the table hasn't emerged.

The first full week at home was fun and I spent every afternoon making cards ready for selling. I even made three specially for Mum that she asked for. Not sure if they could really be classed as Commissioned as Mum would buy them even if they were awful.

Since then I have been bored. This is my own fault as health wise I have found out that for me to wash up / dust a few surfaces / chop an onion takes me forever and I end up in a lot of pain and usually tears. So not what I expected.

However we did have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday trip out to meet up with my BFF in Ripon for lunch. This was to take her some stuff she had bought on the Sale Day  and left behind. It was a beautiful pub next to the river in Ripon and a lovely way to spend a day with good friends. We took the scenic route home through beautiful Yorkshire countryside.

Sadly days like this  just make me want to hibernate and not go anywhere. As all I can do is go out for a drive in the car or sit and have a meal out as I cannot do anything else with out ending up in pain and tears. It frustrates me so much as all I can do if I go out is sit and eat. Don't get me wrong I had a lovely day out but I would much rather have been on a long walk.

I have lots of lovely friends who give me lots of useful advice and believe it or not I do realise that I need to move more what they don't seem to understand when they are telling me to just walk a bit further each time - IT'S NOT THAT EASY. I am not stupid and I understand what they are trying to say but they need to understand that I am in pain and agony walking the little way that I do. I am in pain and agony with each step and some days I don't want to get up because then I won't have the pain.

Sorry rant over - thankfully no-one follows this so they won't see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment