Sunday 26 October 2014

Today's Efforts

So much for being creative today.

On unpacking my craft stuff I have realised I have a lot of free papers from Making Cards Magazine and the inspirations Magazine from Crafter's Companion. So I am on a mission not buying anything else until I have used these up (and believe me there is a lot of them). I also have lots of half finished Christmas Cards which never got finished last year or sent so again I am on a  mission to finish these over the next few weeks.

I have made 6 cards today and I am only pleased with one of them.
Card for my Mum's birthday - she will be 87 on Tuesday.
this is the only one I can say I was happy with.
This card is for my Mum to send to her friend.
I'm not happy with it as I feel the pink card used for matting and layering is wrong. It could have used a darker colour but I cannot find half of my stash in the mess that is my craft room. 
I was really pleased with this 3D decoupage card until I realised the obvious mistake.
in case you can't see it like my DH I forgot to leave tartan border all the way round it and stuck it on the edge on one side. 
I found some tea bag papers so thought I would have a go again.
I only had three papers in this design hence the strange half design.
it is missing something and needs something adding above the gold strip but not sure what yet. 
Not sure about this one either - again I feel it lacks something.
I feel this one is a little plain but not sure what else to do to it. 
Last picture for today, this arrived this morning - the first of  my purchases that was ordered on Thursday, what a quick service  -  as I was sat crying over a post on Facebook (see below) - god knows what the delivery man thought . 


On Facebook I  have followed a little girl from Market Rasen called Claudia see here for more info who has been fighting for her life against a dreadful illness. Sadly, this morning I read on Facebook that Claudia had lost her fight for life. I sat and cried for her parents and siblings, for their loss and for the fact that the smile on her face in pictures shared  will no longer be there. 


Another star shines brightly in the sky tonight 
and 
God has another Angel at his side

R.I.P
Claudia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment