Monday 12 January 2015

Back on track and feeling good

Sunday 11th January 2015
Sunday is the hardest day of the week for me. It is the day I go to see my Mum each week. She is 87 now and her memory is starting to go and although I love her to the end of the earth and back I do find it hard. She tells me how wonderful everyone is and then picks fault with everything I do. I know I am 50 and should just get on with it and cope but it is so hard. This is the day normally that I would hit the chocolate and cake big time but not this time.

It has to be a quick Breakfast today as not a lot of time from getting up and going out on a Sunday


Lunch on a Sunday is a nightmare for me. I'm the size I am because I like my food and don't mind an occasional (or many if I'm honest) MacDonalds.


The worse part on a Sunday is that Mum likes a MacDonalds for her lunch and DH and I have always had one with her. I've offered to cook lunch for her and bring it but no it has to be a MacD's. This time round I am being prepared I am taking my lunch and just taking all the comments about how one won't hurt me. To be prepared it means making sure that lunch is in the fridge ready to pick up as I don't have a lot of time on a Sunday morning to prepare anything. So I'm going to try and make sure that Friday's lunch is able to keep a portion ready for Sunday.


Its usually a snack tea on a Sunday today fancied Bacon Sandwiches again (same as last week). We are attempting to get more organised with food and planning the weekly meals and shop so we have actually got the food in but it hasn't been going to well. So we decided this week to do a click and collect shop at Mr A's and that would be a good start. (not good when you realise you have sent it and not actually ordered half of what you want - including meat - oopsie. Just like a normal shopping list on paper then.

No comments:

Post a Comment