Monday 12 January 2015

How many syns in a Banana Split / coping with eating out

Saturday 10th January 2015

Today was 
Weigh In Day
and
thankfully it was far less stressful than last week when we broke down. 

Breakfast today was a quick and easy one as I don't like to eat before I travel anywhere but knew it would be a while before I could eat again so needed to stay full. 


We started the day picking up our new car from HERE.  
A  lovely Ford Focus.

I am so happy 
today I lost

DH had been due to go to the football today but as it was my first weigh in he said he wouldn't go. I do love him he would do anything for me. So we had planned to go out for lunch today. We really wanted to go to The Ingram Arms . However, we decided to go for a carvery as I would be able to syn it better (or so I thought. It might have been better going to Laughton as I wouldn't have had a pudding.

If I had stuck to my plan it would have been fine. I had worked it out using the eating out info for the Toby Carvery on the Slimming World website.  I had decided not to have potatoes which I can take or leave as at 3 syns approx for them depending on amounts and having a Yorkshire Pudding (4 syns), Stuffing Ball (2 syns) and Cauliflower Cheese (1.5 syns). 

We went to the Trent Port at Gainsborough. I had decided only to have a main course and was happy with that decision until we saw that they had banana split as a pudding. This is my FAVOURITE all time ever dessert and it is never on a menu anywhere that we go. So I made the decision whether wisely or not to have one. 

Using my newly bought Food Directory I tried to look up in the eating out section but  there wasn't a Crown Carvery and none of the others listed had banana split. So I sat and tried to work out rough points so that I could make an informed decision. 
  • 3 ice cream scoops would be 3 x 2 so allowed 3 syns each scoop = 9 syns.
  • banana = free food
  • cream was hard to work out but I took it as being  Aerosol Cream Extra Thick , 12.5g serving at 2.5 syns . Not knowing what 12.5g looks like I guessed at 10 syns.
  • Milk Chocolate Dessert Sauce , 1 level tbsp 2½ syns so another 5 syns
So I decided that 25 syns would cover it hopefully.


On getting home I looked on the pub's website and using the nutritional info (638 cals) and using the approx way of working out syns it came to 32 syns. I will cut down on my syns for the next two days to allow to hopefully still have a loss next week.

Straight back on Plan today and no extra syns today. I had planned on KFC style chicken (6 syns) and Actifry Chips with Salad (before deciding on lunch out)  but instead it was ham salad for tea. DH even boiled some hard boiled eggs for me - for someone who hates eggs and the smell of them once cooked in the fridge that is true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment